CONFERENCE OF CIRCUIT JUDGES


FREDERICK C. WRIGHT III, Chair, Conference of Circuit Judges

Chair, Conference of Circuit Judges since 1996.

Circuit Administrative Judge since 1985 and County Administrative Judge since 1985, Washington County Circuit Court, 4th Judicial Circuit (Associate Judge, 1979-).

Member, House of Delegates, 1966-71 (speaker pro tem, 1971; chair, rules committee, 1969-71; member, judiciary committee, committee on constitutional & administrative law).

Associate Judge, District Court of Maryland, District 11, Washington County, 1971-79. Chair, Public Defender District Advisory Board, District 11 (Frederick & Washington Counties), 1971-. Executive Committee, Maryland Judicial Conference, 1975-78, 1980-82. Member, Sentencing Guidelines Advisory Board, Maryland Judicial Conference. Past member, Maryland State Arts Council.

Born in Hagerstown, Maryland, September 4, 1938. Episcopal High School, Alexandria, Virginia; University of Virginia, B.S., 1960; University of Virginia Law School, LL.B., 1963. Admitted to Maryland Bar, 1963. Served in U.S. Army. Member, American, Maryland State and Washington County Bar Associations; North American Trial Judges Association; Judicature Society. Chair, Board of Trustees, Washington County Free Library, 1989-95 (member, 1983-95). Trustee, Washington County Hospital, 1992-96. Past president, Mason-Dixon Council of Boy Scouts of America. Board of Directors, Boys Club of Washington County; Big Brothers for Washington County. Member, Kiwanis Club of Hagerstown. Vestry, St. John's Episcopal Church.

Maryland Judiciary


Maryland Manual On-Line

 Maryland Manual On-Line, 1998

July 10, 1998   
Note: In this past edition of Maryland Manual, some links are to external sites.  View the current Manual


[ Archives' Home Page  ||  All About Maryland  ||  Maryland Manual On-Line  ||  Reference & Research
||  Search the Archives   ||  Education & Outreach  ||  Archives of Maryland Online ]

Governor     General Assembly    Judiciary     Maryland.Gov

Copyright July 06, 1998 Maryland State Archives