MARYLAND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION


BOARD OF DIRECTORS

H. Lee Boatwright III, Chair, 2000

Appointed by Governor with Senate advice & consent: Duc Hong Duong, 1998; Louis Pohoryles, Esq., 1998; Judith Cline Silverstein, 1998; Richard J. Hopkins, 1999; Jerry C. Lymas, 1999; Irving L. Kidwell, 1999; Judith Warfield Price, Esq., 2000; Leonard R. Sachs, 2000; Mario F. VillaSanta, 2000.

Ex officio: James T. Brady, Secretary of Business & Economic Development; David L. Winstead, Secretary of Transportation.

Hans F. Mayer, Executive Director

36 South Charles St., Suite 2410
Baltimore, MD 21201
(410) 625-0051
fax: (410) 625-1848

Established in 1984, the Maryland Economic Development Corporation is a public instrumentality of the State (Chapter 498, Acts of 1984). The Corporation enables the State to develop property for economic purposes. To serve the public interest, the Corporation develops vacant or unused industrial sites and facilities and other economic resources in which the private sector has shown no significant interest or development capability.

The Corporation operates in economically distressed areas of the State. It helps State and local economic development agencies expand, modernize, and retain businesses, and attract new ones.

The Board of Directors is appointed by the Governor with Senate advice and consent. It consists of twelve members, including two ex officio voting members. Members serve four-year terms. With the Governor's approval, the Board appoints the Executive Director (Code 1957, Art. 83A, secs. 5-201 through 5-216).

Maryland Independent Agencies


Maryland Manual On-Line

 Maryland Manual On-Line, 1998

July 10, 1998   
Note: In this past edition of Maryland Manual, some links are to external sites.  View the current Manual


[ Archives' Home Page  ||  All About Maryland  ||  Maryland Manual On-Line  ||  Reference & Research
||  Search the Archives   ||  Education & Outreach  ||  Archives of Maryland Online ]

Governor     General Assembly    Judiciary     Maryland.Gov

Copyright July 06, 1998 Maryland State Archives