CANAL PLACE PRESERVATION & DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY


ORIGIN & FUNCTIONS

The Canal Place Preservation and Development Authority was formed in 1993. The Authority is an instrumentality of the State and a public corporation that will create and develop an historic Chesapeake and Ohio Canal preservation district in the City of Cumberland (Chapter 544, Acts of 1993). The district will be known as the Canal Place Historic Preservation District.

The Authority's nine members serve four-year terms. Six are named by the Governor with Senate advice and consent. One represents the Cumberland Mayor and City Council, one the Maryland Historical Trust, and one the U.S. Dept. of the Interior. The Governor names the chair. With the Governor's approval, the Authority appoints the Executive Director (Code Financial Institutions Article, secs. 13-1001 through 13-1031).

Maryland Independent Agencies


Maryland Manual On-Line

 Maryland Manual On-Line, 1998

July 10, 1998   
Note: In this past edition of Maryland Manual, some links are to external sites.  View the current Manual


[ Archives' Home Page  ||  All About Maryland  ||  Maryland Manual On-Line  ||  Reference & Research
||  Search the Archives   ||  Education & Outreach  ||  Archives of Maryland Online ]

Governor     General Assembly    Judiciary     Maryland.Gov

Copyright July 06, 1998 Maryland State Archives